thefictionconniption

The Fiction Conniption

Proud book geek and YA enthusiast. Can also find me at my other book blog home www.tyngasreviews.com

Insomnia
J.R. Johansson
Requiem
Lauren Oliver
The Dead-Tossed Waves
Carrie Ryan
Unravel Me

Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #1)

Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #1) - First off, this will be short, because I admit - I didn't finish this book. I got to about halfway through, holding on to hope that something was going to happen but unfortunately, nothing did. I picked up this book a couple days ago, and today, I can barely even remember what it's about. Something about a girl with a crush on a wolf, and a wolf with a crush on a girl - and they both think about it a lot. And that's IT. I'm bummed that I didn't like this book. I'm actually really drawn to a lot of the writing in it. Some parts were simply beautiful, and very atmospheric in a way that I enjoyed. But eventually, even among pretty writing, I still needed something to actually happen in the story. I know that sometimes you need to invest in a book in order to really get to the meat of the plot - but in books like that, in order to keep the reader invested, you really need to have amazing characters that make the reader want to wait to find out what happens to them. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case here either. The characters came off sort of flat and predictable, and I just couldn't find it in myself to continue reading to find out what (if anything) ever happened to them. It pains me to give any book 1 star, because I have such a love for books and realize that authors put lots of work into them - but this one just wasn't for me at all.